Quran Verse About Being Thankful for Thanksgiving
In honor of Thanksgiving coming up, I figured it’d be a good time for me to count my blessings and make a list of some of the things I”m thankful for. In the Quran, there is a verse about blessings:
And if you should count the favors of Allah , you could not enumerate them. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
…which basically means that even if you tried, you would never be able to count all the blessings that Allah has provided you. It also happens to be my sister’s email signature (so I’m reminded of it quite often).
Anyways, In no particular order, just wanted to jot down some of the first things that come to mind. I might prioritize or update the list later on, or maybe even make it an annual thing. Since I just recently turned 31, I figured I’ll keep the list to 31 this time:
- Being alive
- Having a daughter
- Having a wife
- Having an immediate family that cares
- Having a close extended family (cousins, aunts, uncles, etc) that we keep in touch with
- Access to clean water whenever I want
- Having relatively good health
- Knowing when my next meal will be
- The opportunity to be educated (with undergrad and master’s degrees)
- The opportunity to have my own business
- (#11-23) As an entrepreneur, I’m specifically thankful for the same things as this list below says (shameless cheating )
12 Things Entrepreneurs Should Be Thankful For (source)
2. Getting to pick the exceptional people we work with.
3. An opportunity to add value, big or small, to people’s lives.
4. Not having to ask permission to try something crazy.
5. The patience and understanding of our family and friends — especially when we likely don’t deserve it.
6. Receiving payment for value delivered. There’s no feeling like it.
7. The joy of seeing a sliver of light after some dark, dark, days.
8. The freedom to change what’s not working. It’s sometimes painful, but at least it’s possible.
9. Not having to rationalize to your family and friends why you took that Wall Street investment banking job.
10. Day 2,743, when the world celebrates your “overnight success”
11. The pleasure of helping team members create memories and experiences that will last a lifetime. Most of them good.
12. The chance to try. To fail. To try again and flail around. Then, with some luck, to flourish.
I know I still have like 8 left to go to complete the list. I intend to come back and add to my ‘count your blessings’ list for Thanksgiving hopefully sometime soon. Can’t wait for some halal turkey tomorrow!
(‘Halal turkey’ image source)
- Team Yubbee on Is iRenew Bracelet a Ripoff Scam or Fraud?
- Lovie on Is iRenew Bracelet a Ripoff Scam or Fraud?
- theorderoftheday.blogspot.com on Is iRenew Bracelet a Ripoff Scam or Fraud?
- vehiclewrapsofomaha.com on Is iRenew Bracelet a Ripoff Scam or Fraud?
- freedomunlocks.livejournal.com on Is Power Balance Hologram Bracelet a Scam or Does it Work?